What's Unique About NCCL School?
What makes us different?
- Rigorous academics that challenge without pressure
- Intentionally small to grow confident learners
- Expert teachers ignite the passion for learning that is within each child
- All homerooms are multi-aged with two full-time teachers
- Ongoing assessment but no standardized tests
- Dedicated teachers recognized regionally or nationally as experts in their field
- Teacher developed curriculum that meets or exceeds state and national standards
- Focus on skills and habits now recognized as critical to thrive in today’s world: creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication
- Interactive field trips for all ages
- Workshop weeks for 5-8th grade
- Overnight camp outs for 5-8th grade
- Weekly all-school meeting run by 7-8th graders
- Middle school business apprenticeships
- Annual Kids’ Greenfest
Welcome to a Different Kind of Education.
In this video, we highlight our Friday morning tradition of gathering as a community for a student-led All School Meeting followed by an All School Sing. In this time of physical absence, we invite every member of our community to watch this video and to be together in spirit.